The Real Estate industry includes 220,000 companies generating about $160 billion in annual revenue. Only the largest real estate companies have revenues exceeding $1 billion; most have annual revenues less than $10 million. However, the risk exposure for these groups is very similar—and BlueStone Advisors provides the same services to our middle market segment as it does to the $1B firms.
Real estate companies face both traditional loss exposures, such as employee injuries, auto accidents, liability claims and property losses, as well as unique exposure related to accidents to the public occurring on the premises managed.
Key Risks to Protect Against
Based on claim data compiled by the insurance industry, the unique risks to real estate firms are:
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Water, Wind, and Fire Property Damage
- Contractual Liability, Certificates of Insurance
- Auto Liability
Purchase Orders, Vendor Contractors, Certificate of Insurance Tracking, Indemnity Clauses, Additional Insured, Hold Harmless Agreements are just a few services provided by BlueStone Advisors to help our real estate clients reduce their liabilities assumed by their contracts.
Quarterly claims reviews and aggressive claims handling is essential to minimizing claim costs. If not monitored, they can spiral out of control and have serious effects on Experience Modification Factors and employee moral.
Safety committees, reward programs, Lifting, Slips/Falls, Carpel tunnel, Return to Work, and Post Accident Drug Testing are just a few of the services provided by BlueStone Advisors to help our non-profit clients implement a current and effective Safety program.
BlueStone Advisors offers its real estate clients an array of risk mitigation and transfer solutions to help them better manage these risks. Our solutions include:
- Traditional property/casualty placements
- Alternative risk mechanisms (pools, captive, etc.)
- Workers compensation cost containment
- Employee benefits solutions and placements
- Risk management information systems
- Business continuity planning
- Disaster planning and crisis management
- Strategic risk assessment
- Enterprise risk management
- Pollution and EPA compliance
- Workforce strategies
- Special events risk management
- Laboratory safety assessments
- Auto fleet and transportation safety analysis
- Claims advocacy